Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Icing Manic Monday

I tried something new while painting my nails. When the time for cleanup came, instead of using my orange wood stick, I tried using a nice stiff paintbrush dipped in acetone.

Me + paintbrush = FAIL

You can totally see where I missed spots and even managed to get polish in my cuticles where there was no polish originally. I'm almost too embarrassed to post this, but I want to show you the base for what I did the next day.

First, a bottle pic of today's polish under a daylight lamp, Icing Manic Monday.



Pretty color, very dark though. I took the next photo outside, midday sun. I don't know what was going on that day, but I kept getting dust on my hands when I would go outside no matter what I did.



This was two coats of polish that applied very smoothly. Color is highly pigmented. Outside on a sunny day, you can definitely tell this polish is a deep green. Indoors under fluorescent lighting it really starts to lean toward black unless the lighting is blindingly bright. Overall the polish itself is nice, but my skills were sadly lacking and I just wasn't feeling it that day. So what do I do when I'm not feeling our manicure? I layer something over it! But that will have to be a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I may not be able to respond to all comments in a timely fashion but I read and appreciate each and every one =)